Sunday 23 August 2009

Here's one I made earlier.


irish ale socks 'murphy's red' verysion by yours truly
walker merino sock yarn by the yarn side
in red lentil evenings colourway

Because right now?  Too hot for anything.  Really.  Just too hot.  What with the mean temperature in my apartment  over the last few weeks of 29°C (oh to live in a country where air-conditioning is the norm) even a mention of the 'Y' word* is enough to bring on a most unlady-like bout of perspiration. 

This means, of course, that very little knitting has been done. Plenty of drawings, working-outs, (or should that be workings-out?) typing-up, chart-making and name-choosing, but very little entanglement of string and sticks to see whether all
this general periphery of sock-making actually makes sense in 3D.

So instead of anything brand-spankingly new, shiny and hot off the needles, I'm showing you my finished pair of Irish Ale Socks.  Actually, I've been remiss in posting about these darlings, as I finished them over 3 weeks ago. 

frothy cuff close-up

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm fond of these babies.  The yarn is so very soft and possesses the perfect semi-solid colour I had in mind for this version.  The lace is stretchy but not too stretchy and they fit perfectly.  Oh Yes. 

And I just LOVE how the stitch pattern turned out!  It shows off the 'Y'* a real treat, too. 


mine's a pint


You can find the link to the main pattern page in the 'Weavin' Paitrens' box just to the right.

But back to the old grindstone.  Situated very nicely just across from the standing fan.

(*Yarn... ack :: sweats :: )

1 comments:

Susan Monday 24 August 2009 at 03:05:00 BST  

Lovely socks! But I can't even imaging living where there's no central air. Even though we don't turn it on until the dogs are wilting.

Mair Bloag Weejits

Footerin' Aboot

Footerin' Aboot
Heh! I'm so funny!

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP